Question

ej00635

Removal dates from 2017 and 2018. Let the accounts be removed or pay it off?
I checked with TransUnion and there are 4 accounts with estimated removal dates ranging from 2017 to 2018. Given the fact that I will definitely pay off the other derogatory marks (read: newer collections) on my report before March 2016, would it be better to simply allow these accounts, since they are already almost 7 years old anyway and weigh less on my credit, be automatically removed or would it raise my score to pay them off and then request an expedited removal from the agency at the time of the payoff?

My reason for asking is that:

If these 4 accounts are 4-5 years old and are set to be removed in the next 2 years, I can use the funds that would be going to them to pay off the newer accounts that could effectively bring up my score without increasing the time it would take me to pay off those weightier accounts, right?

Your plan sounds ok with me. Just make sure that you are fully aware of "Pay For Delete Agreements" and how to negotiate them if you do decide to pay off any negative accounts.