Question

JavaManOne

Remarks dropped score
I disputed a paid account which is marked as a "Paid - Charged Off." I received a current credit report in the mail from TransUnion "per my request." I didn't request the report. The account is paid in full!

Today I get an email alert and my Credit Karma "Trans Union" account for the disputed card stated I have a new remark - "Canceled by credit grantor."

My Credit Karma card for TransUnion plunged 72 points, now 97 points lower than Equifax. How can a remark, particularly on a paid account, cause this drop! I was getting prepared to apply for a VA mortgage at the beginning of the year but now that dream is gone!!