Question

Justsaveit

release of judgement
I have a judgement on my credit report but it has been paid off and I have a release of judgement from the attorney and the courts. Can I get the judgement off of my credit report?

judgement release

My mother had something similar. Actually it was a tax lien that had been paid off. I had to get a Certificate of Release. Maybe not the quite the same but I believe some of the steps would be the same. If you already have the Judgement release you would just Do a credit dispute with the credit bureaus. All of them you can do online now. Scan a copy of the judgement and attach to the online dispute. The credit bureau will take 30 days to "investigate" it. If they find it to be valid then they will remove it from your File. KEEP ALL RECORDS. I recommend Scanning and keeping all records in a folder. I had to do this twice. It was removed and showed up again a year later, had to file a dispute again bit got it removed. Oh they will check with the Court its filed at so as long as the court shows the release shouldn't be a problem.