Question

UniversityStudent101

Refinancing an Auto Loan
Hi everyone. So, I am a first-time car buyer, and it has been about six months since I've had the car. When I went to the dealership, they said in about this time I could try to refinance the car. So, I'm looking at options, but I'm still not sure what everything means. I'm going to give you guys some numbers and if you could, tell me what a good deal is.

The car balance is 14.5, the interest rate is 18.99, or somewhere there about. and yes, I'm aware that is horrifying. I'm between a 620-640 on here. So it could be higher or lower.

So, any advice on what good numbers would be, what good places to go would be (online vs in person), anything like that would be amazing.

Do you have any cash saved up to buy a nice used car and sell this car and get out of the loan.

with numbers like that you are not going to find any good interest rates.

you need to work on credit score and credit report on why are your numbers low.

You should pull your FICO scores and see where you are there as a lender will most likely use a version of FICO (probably an auto version). If your scores are not great with FICO either, then I suggest putting off the refi for another six months and work hard to improve your scores and credit profile before you go to refi. There is a wealth of information on here and across the web to show you how to improve your credit. If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask and I will try to help you.