Question

ljtyson1

Refinance Hard Credit Inquiries
I recently refinanced my two homes with the same lender. Because of the length of time the refinance took, there are 4 hard credit inquiries in my credit report (two from the original application and two just prior to funding the loans). I have heard that when you complete a loan with the lender who made the credit inquiries, the hard inquiry would be removed from your credit report. Is that true or do I have to submit a request to have the inquiries removed.

Most Helpful Response

I'm not sure where you heard that; I don't believe it's true. When applying for mortgages, auto loans, or student loans, multiple inquiries theoretically count as only one provided they're all made within a short period of time. But I haven't heard about getting legitimate inquiries, incurred over a longer period, removed. Though they'll stay with you two years, their impact on your score should begin to lessen before a year is up.

Any chance for reconciliation?

Hi Friends,

I had the same issue: except that all of mine were within one week, and yet each inquiry was still registered separately and I now have 5 hard credit inquiries on my report. Is there any way to contact the credit bureaus to reconcile this?