Question

workinman541

Reducing my APR.
I have a good credit score of 800 . I have requested a reduced APR from my credit card company but was denied , all they could offer was to increase the limit on my card which I did not need them to do . How do I get them to reduce my APR ? Should I apply for another card with a lower APR and close the account ?

If you close the other account, your score may drop since you remove that card's credit line from your total credit.  You can only ask for a lower APR on a credit card but they DO NOT have to grant it.  Personally, as long as I can pay a credit card in full when the bill comes in, I don't care about the APR because I'm not paying interest on the account, anyway.

An 800 credit score is EXCELLENT, not just good. You can get pretty much what you want on credit with that score.