Question

OldSarge38

Reducing Avaliable Credit
I have recently closed one CC and reduced credit limit on another. This seems to have a negative effect on my credit score. I am also slowly reducing my CC balances. Should I increase the limit on my one card to improve my score?

Closing the card would impact your average credit line age and open utilization. Reducing the credit line on the other one would have further reduced your open utilization. is could easily have had a large impact on your score. If you can increase the limit on an existing account, that would help with the utilization.