Question

Sneaker98

Record removed, score not improved?
In January, a Tax Lein record showed up as added on Credit Karms. It was an old record from 2006 that had long been paid off. I disputed the item through TransUnion and it was removed off my credit report.

When it showed up on Credit Karma in Jan, it dropped my score from 688 down to 626. Since then, the only activity is a hard inquiry being removed and a lower CC utilixation, but my score only rebounded to 650.

Why did my score not rebound higher when the Lein record was removed? Did I miss something? I just checked the Transunion report again, and the Lein record has been removed.

Most Helpful Response

The older a negative item is, the less damage it does to your score, so having old items removed doesn't help a whole lot (but it is still good you got it off).   However, I can't really answer your full question about number of points without looking over your complete credit report.  Sorry.