Question

wrmhrt

Reconciling the past
Help!!

Many years ago I took out a couple of car loans while buying a house. Work was going great and I thought at the time I was doing good. But then the unthinkable
happened, I became disabled. No longer able to work, my finances went down the drain.

Some time later I got my disability and slowly am getting my feet under me. I wasn't able to make good on the loans I had at that time, they ALL became delinquent.
Since that time I have made efforts to never do that again. But now how do I repair my credit as it plays an important part on where you live as well as how you live.

I became disabled in 2005. I made sure after I got my disability (1 1/2 yrs later due to hardship status) that my bills since, were never left unpaid. I wasn't
able to make good on the ones I left back then , though, and this has not only bothered me but also has left me with bad credit. Is there any way of turning that around?

It took over 3 years to pay back the rent I owed (that I couldn't pay while getting my disability).

I lost a house and two cars in the process of trying to get my disability.... and worse, one of the car loans are STILL on my credit... from other posts I have seen, it could be there another 5-8 years before it is wiped off....is there help for me?

Sincerely,
wrmhrt