Question

TryingToRaise

Recently Married - How do I get my report to reflect my new Legal name?
I was recently married in June 2014 - my credit report still reflects my maiden name...how do I get my credit report to reflect my new married, legal, last name? I've had it changed on a majority of my bills, and through the SS office.....thanks in advance for any help!

Most Helpful Response

Updating credit report

Nothing to worry about.  your credit reports will update automatically as you update your name with existing and new creditors who provide th einformation to the bureaus. 

It might take a few weeks or even a few months for that matter but will happen automatically.

Thanks for asking and congratulations and best wishes for many years to come. :-)  (I'm going on 17 years with my best friend and girlfriend of 21 years).

Blessings,

Joe