Question

ERA0430

Recent credit limit increase. Equifax score dropped 39 point. Why?

Did you request the credit line increase? If so it may have resulted in a new hard inquiry.

ERA0430

Thank you. Yes, I did request a  credit limit increase but I was surprised that it dropped 19 points. I went from a 758 score to 739 in an instant. I would  think my score would ony drop no more than 10 points. My Utilization rate has been at 17% and I assumed that should have dropped even lower with the increase to the existing credit line.

If the request was because you recently increased the amount owed greatly, that could contribute too.