Question

bernc032

recent closed student loans
The DOE recently transferred student loans from Aspire to Mohela. Equifax shows a 50 point drop in my credit score. When I look at why it shows 2 things, an increase in spending of $100 on a credit card and my student loans being closed. I believe the student loans were the oldest account open. Is their recent closing the reason for such a huge drop in my score and is there anything I can do about it?

Mohela is another student loan servicing bureau.  Your loans have not been closed, since student loans remain collectable until paid in full, no matter how long it takes.  You should soon be contacted by Mohela about payments on the loans.