Question

bookie9796

Recent activity change gecrb/carecr to syncb/carecr-did not apply for new account or credit limit?
I logged in to my account and it says that I have a SYNCB/CARECR card opened up last month, but I haven't opened any new cards I do have a GECRB/CARECR card and it seems that this new card shows same credit limit as my GECRB card but with a $0 balance? It lowed my credit rating several points.I was wondering what do I do in order to figure out how this has happened, and what can I do to cancel that card that I never even opened?!

Most Helpful Response

The Bank Changed their name

GE Capital Retail Bank has changed their name to Synchrony Bank so what you see is the GECRB changed to SYNCB.

To make the change the Credit Line info that has GECRB/xxxxx is removed and then added back with SYNCB/xxxxx

If your Credit Score went up or down something else in your Credit History caused it, but not the name change.

Who is SYNCB/CARECR?

I don't know how to contact them either!

Same thing happened to me. My credit scored dropped (by 23 points!) because "You have had 1 new account added to your credit report." All because of a name change!

GE/SYNCB

I had 3 GE cards, and with new name (SYNCB) my Credit Karma score went down 14 points.  I ended up closing all 3 accounts (inactive).  Nothing changed on my end.  I pay my credit cards off every month.  Credit Karma's grade are all "A" except
age of credit history".  My Experian score (free check with US Bank) said it was the same.  Guessing this was a TransUnion or GE goof up.  My guess is its GE's fault, because I had other cards change names w/o issue.

This was very frustrating. 

Same thing happened to me. My score went down as well after the name change.

syncb/carecr

who are they

this account was paid off a year ago

i am still waiting for a settlement over misuse of interesdt charges from this company  the name change isnt going to protect this shady bunch

just check my credit karma and this is on here.....how do I get a hold of this company?? thanks

PayPal/BillMeLater

Paypal and BillMeLater used to funded by GE Credit Bank. PayPal bought out BillMeLater and is now called PayPal Credit. Now it's Synchrony who bought out GE Credit Bank.

Who was my co signer

Who was my cosigner