Question

Bozack5

Receiving the wrong type of inquiry
Hello All-

Just wanted to know if anyone has experiences this issue and what did you do/should I do about it? I was at a deaership to see if it was worth it to trade in my suv to get another suv, but I told the salesman that I needed to know the possible monthly payment on the new suv before I could decide to go forward with the purchase, I also told him that I did not want a hard inquiry on my credit report to in order to find out. He assured me that they could do a soft inquiry to make that determination of the monthly payment. Well, the expected monthly payment was too hgih so I decided not to get the new suv. Then a few weeks later after checking my crdeit I discovered; yup,u guessed it.....they did a hard inquiry. I did sign the inquiry request, but under the assumption that it was going to be a soft inquiry, since that's what he told me 2-3 times. Can I have the inquiry removed ASAP????

This is a very typical occurance, happens all the time to many people. Sales people will tell you whatever you want to hear, the only thing they care about is making the sale. No point in worrying about it as you gave your consent to check your credit, inquiries really are NOT that damaging anyway, at least not enough to get yourself worked up for. Put it behind you and move forward, steer people away from that dealership if it makes you feel better, or call the owner of the dealership and explain your situation.