Question

AdPierre

Received settlement letter for a removed collections account...
I've noticed a "removed collections" tab on this site. After selecting it, I saw 19 accounts that were removed. A few days ago I received a settlement letter for one of those "removed collections" account. Does that mean I have to pay it? Whether I pay it or not, will it reappear on my credit report as open? Will it continue to damage my credit score?

It may have been removed based on the time limit of the negative reference.   This does not mean the debt is not owed.  You should refer to the statute of limitaitons for your state, they may have no legal authority to attempt to collect the debt if it was after the statute of limitations.  Should they file, you would file an appropriate dispute referencing the statute of limitations and the date of the original debt (last payment date or date of reporting, whichever is later.)   As its a settlment letter, I doubt that a judgement through the court was filed or they'd want and be entitled to the full amount.  If it was a judgement, they can file a an update and keep the debt open after the initial court judgement.