Question

consumermom

received credit card did not want
went to a store for carpeting and they had 24 month same as cash financing. wasn't sure if wanted carpet since it was expensive but thought if I could get financing, I may consider it. Never said I was going to get the carpeting and now have received a credit card in the mail with the name of the carpet manufacturer on it to use at this store with the limit they gave me. Bottom line is I have this card I never asked for nor want but now it's probably put a ding on my credit history. Is there anything I can do about this?

What Documents did you sign when you were at the store?   Did you apply for Credit with one of the documents you signed?