Question

ElCapitanBob

Received a Hard Hit From Following a Pre-Approved CreditKarma Link
Followed a link on CreditKarma that said I was pre-approved for a low-interest credit card. I applied for the card, received a hard hit, and then was turned down. How can I be pre-approved and not approved at the same time? CreditKarma and Barclays Bank just screwed me. Any suggestions? I would like to transfer to a low-interest card while I pay off my credit card debt. How am I supposed to find one if every time I apply they make it harder for me to be approved?

because yo applied for the card you got a hard hit....a pre-approval is just companys gauging your score and if you fall in a certain range they sent you offers but it does not mean you will get approved its a catch 22 best of luck though....and to answer your 2nd part try for a capital one credit card for the balance transfer they approve almost anybody with a pulse over there