Question

thousandaire

Rebuilding with a thin file--where to start? 669 Vantage 3.0
Long term goals:
Build excellent scores with high credit limits that I barely use.

My situation:
Rebuilding after laying low for years. In my 30s. All 3 major reports clean. But all my reports only show 2 accounts each, closed in good standing, aged 11 and 15 years. All of the scoring websites show no scores due to inactivity, except Vantage 3.0 for EQ on this website shows 669. If I can get a cash/rewards card for my gas & groceries that would be ideal, but secondary to my long term goals.

One bank where I've had a checking account for the past 2 years offers an AmEx cash rewards card underwritten by Elan Financial. Would applying for this be an overly ambitious waste of my time?

Other options I'm considering:
-overdraft LOC on my checking account
-Discover It Chrome
-personal loan smaller and shorter than a secured card if possible
-Discover It Secured
-some combination of the above
-your suggestions

Thin file

Well first and foremost yiu need to get your real score, vantage scores aren't used for anything. I would at this time steer clear of AMEX at this time. Go with the Discover IT (which one depending on your actual score) and after about 4 months I would probably do a short term loan from your bank.