Question

OmgNhanci

REBUILDING: Is it better to write or call for a reconsideration, after a denial?
I recently got denied for a Capital Platinum Card:

Thank you for applying for a credit card issues by Capital One. Unfortunately, after review application and information obtained from you consumer credit report(s) from the agencies detailed on the back of this letter - we cannot approved your request at this time.

Reasons:
- Number of delinquent past or present revolving account
- There are too many delinquent past or present credit obligations

I did have a Cap1/BestBuy card back in 2007, I have one late payment, and the account was paid off. I did have a First Premier card in 2008, that I never paid on (young and dumb I was 18 at that time, smh) and it has fallen off as well. Should I dispute those, even if it fall off?

I am currently in the process of re-building my credit. My credit score fluctuates between 616 - 631 with the CB's. All my baddies have fallen off except a few hospital bills which are a little under $500.00 total. I currently have 5 (3 thanks to Cap 1) HP on my files. I thought I should try for a recon, since I receive 3 HP for that app.

Any ideas?

Most Helpful Response

You already taken the hit, might as well recon it. Just google the recon # for capital one and give it a few shots, all it takes is one good ear.