Question

Ohio1978

Rebuilding credit with multiple cards?
For the last couple years or so, I've been working to rebuild my credit. Based here on CK it's average is about 630. I was recently approved (within a couple days ago) for a Capital One Quicksilverone. Out of curiosity I checked with Discover's pre-approval and it came back with the IT card. I didn't apply yet because of the hard inquiry but I am wondering if multiple lines of credit will actually help at this point. I have a Kohls charge card as well (for about 6 months now) and have made all payments on or before the due date.

Should I apply for the Discover IT card at this point or hold off for awhile? I'd be using both for small purchases and paying off in full before the due date.

Do not, Do not trust Discover's pre-approval page. Go there and put Mickey Mouse and SSN of 1234 and see for yourself.