Question

keeb1983

rebuilding credit score?
Hello, I am working on rebuilding my credit and so far I have had a few victories but my score has not changed that much yet. A few years back, I defaulted on my student loans and the loans were transferred to collections. For about a year now, I have been paying on time successfully every month but the late payment history and defaulted status was still on my credit. After thoroughly combing through my report, i found some errors and disputed this with Transunion. As of the first week of January, Transunion deleted all 5 loan accounts from my report. My score went from a 555 to 567. I guess I expected it to raise quite higher than that. I have 1 (authorized user) credit card in good standing, 1 good standing small student loan still on there and I do have a collection account that I am paying off next week thats 2 years old on there. Can you give me advice as to how I can add more points in a shorter time to at least get in the 600s?

There is noi fast track to rebuilding credit.  The errors we make will haunt us for a while.  I advise taking the time to gain knowledge of how credit works by reading the articles and using the financial tools provided here. They helped me a lot and will help you,too.