Question

simone04

Rebuilding credit but credit score drops due to debt collector selling same account
I'm trying to rebuild my credit. Last year my score was at 650 and a debt collector sold the account to another company. Thus, my report shows a new collection being added to account. My score dropped to 640 and remains there. This account is almost near the Statue of Limitation (about a year and a half). The only credit card that I have is a dept store card that I've been using to try to raise score (it worked until the incident last year from above). I have an extended victim of fraud alert on my credit reports and I sent in documents to have this removed from file last year. I recently applied for a secured credit card. I have not heard anything from them and after research, I discoverd that the alert is still on my file. I think the application is in a pending stage because of this. What suggestions do you have for me to raise my scores in this situation?