Question

AuntieBee

Reaffirmed Mortgage was Modified but shows as Discharged in Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy in 2011 - I reaffirmed the mortgage on my home and was able to get a home loan modification through the HARP program that reduced my monthly payments. I have made the mortgage payment on time and in full since then (2012). However, the mortgage still shows on my credit report as a negative account, "discharged in bankruptcy", with no record of payments since 2011. I have sent documents to prove the modification and on-time payments to the credit agencies, who say they have checked with Bank of America, but nothing has changed. Does Bank of America have a motive to deliberately mislead the credit agencies about this? Is there something I can do to get my home loan reporting updated? This inaccuracy has got to be hurting my credit score. Please help! - Mar 29, 2014

Most Helpful Response

Have you contact BofA yourself?  If not, do that as well.  If you still can't get it fixed, go to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the FTC websites and file complaints.  They often get results.