Question

casespace

Reaffirmed debt listed as derogatory on credit report after bankruptcy
Hello,

I have tried searching, but haven't been able to exactly find an answer, so I am hoping this community can help. I recently got married and we are working on our finances (his are great, mine are slowly getting better) in order to prepare for buying a house a few years down the road.

I filed for bankruptcy, and it was discharged the end of 2012. At the time, I had a car payment that I had never missed a payment or been late on. I reaffirmed this debt during the bankruptcy. In 2013, I refinanced the loan with my bank. This account is showing up on my Transunion credit report as Closed-Derogatory, though it shows I never missed a payment and that it was reaffirmed.

Is the derogatory mark due to the bankruptcy or is this a mistake? I would like to contact Transunion to dispute if possible, but I haven't been able to find any info it this is normal in my situation or not. I should add that Equifax lists it as Closed-Paid and Closed.

Anyone experience this?

Most Helpful Response

I am a little confused, but if you are saying that you paid this loan off and it was closed in good standing, then yes dispute this right away with the bureau/s that are reporting it as a negative.

Same - Reaffirmedn & Paid

I had the same thing with my car as well. I reaffirmeda and it is paid off now. Do I dispute with TransUnion or Chase? Is it worth it if my credit is already messed up due to bankruptcy?