Question

itic

re-age account after settlement
I had a CC charged off. I paid to a collections agency as agreed - each year a new set for the following year would be set. I paid as agreed. That account is now a little over 7 years old and has been removed from my credit report. Now a new collections company has taken over the account, working for the CC company, and they want either a new payment plan set up or a settlement. If I settle the account now, will that information show back up on my credit report even though the account has been removed? And will that negatively affect my credit score?

DONT DO IT!! It will probably re age if you pay ANYTHING on it.

If it was me, I would just send a cease and desist letter to the new CA, If its that old, more than likely they CANNOT sue you, or really do ANYTHING at all to collect the debt. Sounds almost like a Zombie debt buyer might be involved..