Question

Clutchxi

Raising my score from 684 Up advice needed near 0 debt past year no movement
I have been using my Discover miles card more inplace of my debit card as of lately to se if that may have changed my situation. So far past 3 4 months using it more so I have seen no improvements my score has been 684 doe some time now I build a balance and pay it right away have tried leaving it to let them charge interest as well as made multiple payments in the month to avoid interest. Always keep it under 30% of my limit

With use of credit karma I don't see any blemishes on my report
Every thing is paid up to date and on time

what should be my next move

Most Helpful Response

Okay, you have good intentiions but not a good understanding of how credit works.  I ask you to please make some time to read the articles here because they are very informative.  I learned a lot and I also studioed accounting.

One thing you need to do is keep your credit card usage between 1% and 20% (the 30% you reported as using is too high) and pay the "Balance due" as shown on the credit card statement.  You won't be charged interest unless you let some of it ride over to the next statement. We really do not want to pay interest if necessary.

If you are paying the amount you have charged during a month before it even gets put on the bill, that is going to affect your "usage" ratio and not in a good way. The goal should be to pay the amount shown on the bill in full when the bill comes in.  That way, you don't pay interest, and your usage ratio remains good, plus you build a record for prompt payments and those are good things on your credit record.

Clutchxi

Ah ok SO dont Pay it early?  I have gotten in the habbit of  buying lunch gas ect  through out the month and making multiple payments at it  instead i should just wait till the bill comes and pay it in full?

674 score sorry...

Yes, just wait until the bill comes in and pay it in full.  Try also to keep your usage (how much of available credit you use each month at or below 20%.