Question

Noryankee

Raising c.s with med bills in collection
Have med bills which I have made agreement of $8,000 to pay collection agency off...they are from two diff hosp, same ca. Is this wise, my cs is 570...will this raise my score significantly? I am looking to buy a house and looking for the best/quickest way to raise my score. I have major health issues and now back on my feet for the last 3 yrs....I make enough money to pay my bills and a mortgage, just need to clean up my past credit!

Making payments to a collection agency does nothing to help your credit. A "pay for delete agreement" is about the only way to handle a collection that will give you a good result. Make sure you have some current active lines of credit in good standing as that would help you too. Get a secured credit card or two if you need to. Never make agreements with collection companies if you really don't know how to deal with them.