Question

Rriddler

Raising Credit Score Help
My credit scores have been hovering around 600 for sometime now. I am going to be purchasing a vehicle this summer and would like to get it up to at least 650. Here is a little bit about my credit situation.

I have about 17 late payments from one of my student loans, I am in the military and have student loan repayment and they were supposed to be paying this but because of a glitch in the system they did not pay it. I thought they were paying it so I ignored it. Mistake on my part. I tried to get it reversed but the fine line in my contract states that I need to keep an eye on it and make sure its getting paid as stated.

I had $900 credit limit at $600 utilization but am getting that paid down to 0 in the next month or two. I have also opened another card with $1000 limit so my total limit will be $1900.

I have 11k left in student loans and no other loans open on my account.

It shows I have 4 accounts in collections but they have all been paid. I have called and emailed and asked them to remove them from my report but have not gotten a response.

My yearly income is around $47,000 currently.

Is it possible to raise my score 50 points?

Did you speak to an attorney about the seventeen late payments? Did you write GOODWILL LETTERS to the loan company explaining the situation?