Question

cbull1959

raising credit score
I'm needing to raise my credit score. I only have 2 credit cards. one is a healthcare credit card with a balance of $3000 which I only owe $866. and my other credit card is for Dillard's, with a credit limit of $450. I don't owe a balance on my Dillard's card which is good. But I want my credit score to be higher than what it is. So that's why I'm needing to know what to do? Thanks for any comments or reviews.

Most Helpful Response

rasing your score

Your situation sounds similar to mine a few years back.

I dont know your income situation, but here is what I did and it worked great.

I went and got four credit cards.  My credit wasnt very good so they had fees and high interest.

The limits were only a couple hundred each I think in the beginning, and the first month I think half of that was sucked up in initial fees.

After that they cost about five or six bucks a month and the limits were increased in a matter of months.  This may not sound good, but they looked great on the credit report.  After a couple years of that, the ones that used to laugh at me when I applied, started throwing good low interest cards at me.

The cards I used were First Premier, Legacy Visa, and Orchard Bank.  I had them about three years then got rid of them.  During those three years I never made  a payment late and never had a problem with them.

Nothing happens overnight, but in relatively short order you will see your number heading up.  Getting rid of them will give you a hit in the history length portion, but there is no way to spoof the test of time so that is just the way it is.

Just get some cards reporting and keep them in good standing and enjoy watching you numbers head north.

Good Luck