Question

bll3

Raise credit score before applying for auto loan?
I need to increase my credit score, but also need a car. Should I apply for a credit card and try to increase my credit score for a few months and then apply for an auto loan...or just go straight for the auto loan?

The higher your score, the better interest rate you'll get.  If you can wait, then increase your score with a credit card.  Your score will drop at first, but after a few months of on-time payments it will increase.  To make your score increase quicker, keep a tiny balance (1-3% of limit) on the card at all times.