Question

Monnette74

Questions about creidit score
How do I find out what is bringing my credit score down. When i siged up a week ago my credit score was 688 and now it has fallen to 654. It says that I have one open account in collections but I am not aware of the account. How can I resolve this to get it paid off.

Check your credit reports.

Why pay this collection unless you know it is yours?  Go to freeannualreport.com and get copies of all 3 credit reports.  Go over them carefully and file a dispute on every item that is wrong with the credit bureau that has the wrong entry.  They have to oinvestigate and either verify or delete the item. 

Make it an annual habit to check your credit reports so that only the true information is reported.  It is not uncommon for there to be errors but it is our responsibility to make sure our reports are correct.

Most Helpful Response

Try the "dispute letter" it should help.

I had a pretty low credit score and recently I tried a new credit building strategy that is actually working out great for me. I actually cannot discuss exactly how this strategy works because I agreed not to share the companies strategy with anyone. It's their company policy but, besides removing of some errors and old reports from my credit report by way of writing a "dispute letter" (which I had help writing by using a free template from the same company that I taught me the "strategy") and watching my spending overall the results have been outstanding. I am completely happy with what I have been able to achieve so far. So maybe try them out for yourself... the website is called www.clevercreditscore.com and you can get the "dispute letter" free on the home page, they even have a video that gives you some pointers when writing and mailing your dispute letter. The strategy that I am using is called the "Credit Sky Rocket" system or strategy. Let me know if this helps.