Question

fbain79

Questions about credit report and bankruptcy
I declared bankruptcy in 2011, at that time all of my current debts were discharged. I just checked my credit report and see that I have a Bank of America home equity line of credit that shows 120+ days past due with the last report date from 2011, when my bankruptcy was finalized. How do I go about getting this rectified?

Also, there are 2 accounts that list they were included in the bankruptcy, but show that they were reported on 3/31/2016. Are these going to haunt my credit for 7 years from 2016? Is it normal for them not to be reported until 5 years after the fact, and if not how do I go about getting this rectified?

Thank you for any assistance.
Fletcher

The seven years will not start from this year, so don't worry about that. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites where you can dispute incorrect information. You may want to go that route and tell them that these accounts were included in the bankruptcy, I am not sure it that would help you out or not.

was your mortgage also discharged? did they foreclose? was the second lien satisfied? if it wasn't discharged and the home was sold, was there a deficiency balance? if so, they can still collect that money. 

like someone else said, the clock ticks from the time of deliquency, not the last date reported. but mortgages are a little bit of a different animal than othe personal obligations. it's possible to discharge mortgage debt, but if you are still in the home and the owner, they can still collect, foreclose etc.