Question

Brianearthstar

Question regarding three false collections
A law firm is trying to collect three accounts from me for thousands of dollars from a hospital that i never was treated at. My credit was 599 i disputed the first two accounts and the law firm denied my dispute. I disputed the third and it was denied but my credit dropped to 530 because of dispute. My name is brian williams and there are 14,800 in the USA. I should know if i went to the hospital in Florida if i live in texas. Can i hold the collection agency responsible for putting me through this head ache and so forth

Did you dispute it thru credit bureaus or directly with collection agency? You can file a complain with Consumer Credit Protection Bureau. Also find out what your State's law regarding collections, see if there is some recourses you can take. Best of luck.

To add... You probably should find out who is the original creditor, and sort it out with them, might be easier to deal with than collection agencies.

Absolutely you can hold them responsible. Look for a consumer law attorney that handles FDCPA cases in your state. FDCPA stands for "fair debt collection practices act". You have grounds to sue the collection company. Many FDCPA lawyers will give a free consultation and require no money up front (they take their money after the lawsuit is won). Get all of your evidence together, copies of your credit reports, letters from the collection company, etc. I don't think that they practice in your state, but the law firm of Kimmel & Silverman have a website with a lot of info. Google them.