Question

mlzg216224

Question Regarding Large Settlement Offer
Hello all,

Hoping someone can offer guidance here.

My husband currently has a large debt with Citibank in the vicinity of $19K. Yesterday he received a letter from Asset Acceptance offering to settle the debt with them for $1900. Of course, my immediate reaction was "Heck Yeah!"

However; I believe there is a judgement against him for the full amount, and the letter does say "A zero balance on your Citibank account WITH US"

So, the skeptic in me is now wondering if we accept this offer, are we still liable for the judgement? The judgement was issued years ago and thus far, no actions have been taken.

Clearly, if this is a legitimate offer, I want to jump on it, but don't want to flush 2 grand down the toilet either.

Thank you in advance, for any assistance!