Question

ted28

Question on home mortgage
My credit scores are all around the 650 area. I have about $10,000 in student loans the went delinquent in 2009. I have not paid them off. That is my only debt. I have been at the same job for 6 years making a little over 60,000. My fiance has a couple thousand in credit card debt. That is all her debt. She is in her first year teaching making right a 50,000. What home mortgages should we pursue? Would we qualify or one? Any help would be great.

Your goal should be to have at least a 760 score. Why are your loans delinquent when the two of you are making over $100,000 a year? Any mortgage lender is going to want to know that too. The lower your credit score, the higher the interest rate on loans.