Question

milamj09

Question in regard to closing and reopening a credit card
Citi simplicity has the best deal for balance transfers because there is no fee and 21 months of 0% APR. My problem is that I have had this card for a few years. My question is that if I close my account at a 0 balance, can I reapply and receive the promotional offer? I don't need lectured. I know this will hurt my score, but I have no plans of buying anything for quite sometime. This is about saving as much money as possible. Thanks in advance for replies.

With Citi I think that you have to close it for a year before you can get the promotions... I would look at either chase slate (but remember if you have opened more then 5 accounts in the last 24 months you can't open any accounts with them) or Barclays has some cards with 0% also.