Question

fixingmistakes

Question about re-building my credit.
I recently began the process of re-building my credit from the bottom up due to some poor choices in my late teens/early twenties. I opened up a secured credit card and have seen my score jump up already. I also opened up some investigations into old debts listed on my report and, as the creditors couldn't prove the debts were mine (they had been sold over and over), those were removed and my score has slowly gone up again.

My question is regarding my open lines of credit. I only have 2, my card and my car loan. This puts me still in the red as I don't have many open lines of credit. Would it be worth opening another secured card at this point or should I wait it out? Thanks in advance for the help.

Most Helpful Response

I would suggest look into a non-secured card.  Depending on what your score is you might get a high interest rate one, just make sure to pay the full amount due each month not the minimum.

I agree with this, check the preapprovals at credit card company websites. I would check Capital One, you might be able to get the basic unsecured Platinum card.