Question

dragonfury925

Question about paid off student loan
My credit report is showing two student loans from an "EDU Finance" that I think I paid off a while ago based on the amount. Because I paid it off years ago, I don't have the website or login information. How do I find contact information on this "EDU Finance"?

Why? It's part of your history.

The Fair Credit Reporting Act is a federal regulation that requires that all credit transactions be reported, and that they will remain on the credit report for at least 7 years after the date of fnal payoff.  So, they will, and that history cannot be removed.

Check your credit reports every year at annualcreditreport.com.  Look them over very carefully and file disputes on all WRONG information with the credit bureau reporting them.  They have to investigate and either verify or delet the disputed items.  Only in this way can you be sure that only YOUR information is on YOUR credit report.