Question

Skynet32

Question about medical bills and debt collector

So I received two bills in the mail from a debt collector, both saying the typical 30 days to respond otherwise the debt is valid. I went to the hospital where I originally owed and they still pretty much own the accounts. They offered to settle for far less than I owe, and would give me a paper saying paid in full. My question is, could this still hit my credit report? My thought process is that it will go on the report but say paid in full, and the lady did say it wouldn't, but the fact that a collection agency sent me a letter has me hesitant. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

You have two options: pay it and save money with the discount and hope that it does not hit your reports (or) don't pay it and expect it to surely hit your reports.

The choice is easy. It is your bill anyways and you are responsible for it.