Question

Heinz43

Question about credit rating
Hello
I jjsut read where my credit rating dropped signifcantly since January 2014 when in fact, I have paid off several outstanding accounts and as far as I know at this time, I am current with any other medical bills and mortgage and automobile loans. Is there a chance of just why my credit rating dropped so much within a month when I have paid all of my bills on time. Thanks for your help
HD Suppan

Most Helpful Response

It may just be a timing issue.  It often takes up to 60 days for the paid accounts to impact your score.  If they were in collections before you paid them off (and if they were older than 2 years) then the increase may not be as much as you expected.  I notice this website acts a bit wonky sometimes, so just wait a bit longer.  If thes accounts you paid off were not in collections, then closing those out causes your score to drop.