Question

DerpGuy

Question about a removed collection
about 2 years ago i had a bill from AT&T that was sent to collections and then quickly paid it off. Well 2 years later I am getting a letter in the mail from a different collection agency saying I still owe money when I don't. I disputed the claim on my credit report and it was removed. Should I just ignore the collection agency? If a score is disputed and removed does it still have a negative impact on my credit score?

Collection or any other types of account have no impact to your scores when they aren't on your credit report.

-

I wouldn't exactly ignore any future collection attempts, they can appear on your report at anytime, you just need to dispute it every time. If they send you a letter in attempting to collect? If you so chose, you can write to them and ask for a "debt validation" or simply send them a "cease and desist" letter because that account was paid. Debt collection agencies aren't known for their tidy reporting practice or stay inside of the guild lines. They even known to suit people with accounts long past the Stature Of Limitation, counting on people do not respond and pray on their ignorance.