Question

SaltCity54

PYMENT HISTORY FROM THE LONG PAST
Although my Credit score is GOOD I know it could be better if 'payment history' could be changed. I had a home mortgage (paid off now) that shows negative in payment history. Trouble was we paid monthly however because we missed whenever we made a subsequent payment it showed we were still behind. How long will this haunt me? Is there a way to remedy it? Thanks

A Home Mortgage will fall off your credit report 10 years after it is closed.

Sort of hard to change history once the damage has been done.

How many latepayments do you have?   How bad is Credit Score?