Question

Grandma2016

Purchased a used car in June 2015
Dealer applied to 8 different lenders, thus a hard pull on my credit report. This has affected my raising my credit score after bankruptcy. Is there anything I can do about this happening without my knowledge?

You didn't say when the bankruptcy was filed, and that is important because a Chapter 7 bankruptcy kills whatever credit you may have for ten years.  It is not the solution to most people's financial problems.  The dealer HAD to check several sources in order to get you a halfway decent finance rate, given the bankruptcy.  The best thing you can do for yourself is to take the time to read the articles on this site, which is here to teach about credit and how to build a good score.  Valuable information that will benefit you for the rest of your life. I learned a whole lot!

grandma2016

This happened to me also. I filed ch 13 in 09. I just bought a car summer of '14,  my dealer w/o informing me did 8 hard hits. First off, they should tell you that....period!  I get that - that may seem normal to most, but I had no idea. I have made some pretty good advancements in helping my credit score with kc. But, I must say I keep reading through these community question, and have noticed replies telling folks to read the artcles. I do, those articles rarely help me. So I must be missing something.