Question

Posted in Taxes

Bloveless

public record tax liens
I paid up the last 2 years property taxes in full. How do I get the 2 public record tax liens off my credit report? I was told at tax office I would have to mail something showing it has been paid and the liens have been removed. What and where do I send?

Most Helpful Response

Umm, send your receipts of the paid debt...... To the tax office. Also you can send a copy to the credit bureaus reporting the liens.

If you have anything in writing from the tax office stating the liens HAVE BEEN REMOVED, then send copies to all three credit bureaus and they should remove the liens.  If all you have is proof you paid them or proof that the lien has been released, you can try sending that to the bureaus, but legally the paid liens can still show up on your report for 7 years from date it was released.