Question

DJG111

Public derogatory remark from refinancing mistake between lenders
Hello all,

I have one derogatory remark on my record that stemmed from when I refinanced my home in 2008. Perhaps it was bad timing on my part to refinance in September, but there were communication errors between lenders.

Apparently Wells Fargo never received the escrow money from my prior lender and my prior lender was no longer responsible for the October tax payment,, so, I learned my tax payment was late when I received a notice from the government.

I immediately got on the phone with both lenders and the payment was made 3 months late.

However, I am still stuck with thus derogatory remark on my credit report.

Does any have any advice an how i should get this removed?

Thank you,

Dean

Late payments, although not pretty, only affect your credit score for 2 years from the date it was late; so if this happened in 2008, don't sweat it, it's not part of your FICO score.  The only late payments that affect your score right now would be late payments that took place in 2012, 2013 and this year.