Question

mfasulo31

Pros and Cons of transferring another's balance and pay it off before Introductory APR expires?
I would imagine the person taking on the additional debt will get temporarily hurt by this, but my question is do they benefit once it is paid off within the introductory 0% interest period? I've heard the other person's score goes down because of a lump sum payoff, but I'm not sure if that is true either? Thanks for the help!

If you are proposing to pay off a loan for someone else their score will go up because they have paid the loan off.  Unless you are married do not do this.  Because it could come back to bite you later.