Question

gpauld

Pros and Cons of Freezing Credit
I suspect that my SSN might have been compromised and wonder about the pros and cons of placing my credit on freeze. I don't want to create more problems. My credit is excellent and I want to keep it that way.

thanks

Most Helpful Response

Consider contacting the credit bureaus and asking them baout getting a fraud alert put on your credit.  There may be a small fee for that but, anyone who tries opening an account using your Social Security number will have to be checked out.  May make for a bit of a hassle for you, but it would be worth it in the long run.

Also, check all three credit reports (go to annualcreditreport.com) to make sure only your information is on them and dispute all other information with the credit bureau reporting it.