Question

TooCurious

Problems withTransunion
I signed up with your site because I was curious about my credit score and the information available about me. I did find one mistake that I don't know how to correct. When asked questions, in order to verify my identity, my mortgage lender is listed as Redwood Computer Services when it is actually Redwood Credit Union and I don't know how to change that. But the real issue I have is with Transunion. They have a sneaky thing on their website where they start charging people $19.95 per month and I didn't realize it until now but they have been billing my credit card since December. I asked them to cancel it and I hope they will. They did this in a very sneaky way. They have ripped me off for at least $100 (5 months) and I am very angry about this. But in order to take advantage of this site, one has to sign up with them. I then saw there are many negative reviews about them on other sites. Other people have had the same problem where they sneakily get them to sign up and then they start charging them for something that was not requested. They are an unethical company. Having good credit is about being responsible. I would expect at the very least that a company that evaluates a consumer's level of responsibility, i.e. credit score, would at least have some integrity of their own. But they don't. With a name like Credit Karma, I would hope that you would be willing to help me and hope that you have some influence to affect my dealings with them. And it would be great if you could work with a different company. Equifax is fine. But Transunion is just looking for ways to rip people off. The bad experience I and others have had with them via your site makes Credit Karma look bad because they are whom you work with. I hope you can figure out a way to fix this.
Thank you,
Thank you,
Thank you,
I signed up with your Credit Karm because I was curious about my credit score and the information available about me. The issue I have is with Transunion. They have a sneaky thing on their website where they start charging people $19.95 per month and I didn't realize it until now but they have been billing my credit card since December. I asked them to cancel it and I hope they will. They did this in a very sneaky way. They have ripped me off for at least $100 (5 months) and I am very angry about this. But in order to take advantage of this site, one has to sign up with them. I now see there are many negative reviews about them on other sites. Other people have had the same problem where they sneakily get them to sign up and then they start charging them for something that was not requested. They are an unethical company. Having good credit is about being responsible. I would expect at the very least that a company that evaluates a consumer's level of responsibility, i.e. credit score, would at least have some integrity of their own. But they don't. With a name like Credit Karma, I would hope that this site would be willing to help us and hope that they have some influence to affect our dealings with Transunion. And it would be great if they could work with a different company. Equifax is fine. But Transunion is just looking for ways to rip people off. The bad experience I and others have had with them via this site makes Credit Karma look. I hope Credit Karma can figure out a way to fix this.

I signed I signed up with your Credit Karm because I was curious about my credit score and the information available about me. The issue I have is with Transunion. They have a sneaky thing on their website where they start charging people $19.95 per month and I didn't realize it until now but they have been billing my credit card since December. I asked them to cancel it and I hope they will. They did this in a very sneaky way. They have ripped me off for at least $100 (5 months) and I am very angry about this. But in order to take advantage of this site, one has to sign up with them. I now see there are many negative reviews about them on other sites. Other people have had the same problem where they sneakily get them to sign up and then they start charging them for something that was not requested. They are an unethical company. Having good credit is about being responsible. I would expect at the very least that a company that evaluates a consumer's level of responsibility, i.e. credit score, would at least have some integrity of their own. But they don't. With a name like Credit Karma, I would hope that this site would be willing to help us and hope that they have some influence to affect our dealings with Transunion. And it would be great if they could work with a different company. Equifax is fine. But Transunion is just looking for ways to rip people off. The bad experience I and others have had with them via this site makes Credit Karma look. I hope Credit Karma can figure out a way to fix this.
I signed up with Credit Karma because I was curious about my credit score. In order to find out shat it was I had to sign up with Equifax and Transunion. The latter has a sneaky hook where after 7 days they start charging people who sign up $19,95 per month. I never agreed to this, yet these charges have been appearing on my credit care statement. I was furious. I then discovered through searches that thewre are lots of negative reviews about Transunion. Something needs to be done about this. Hundreds or thousands of people are being ripped off by Transunion. I am wondering what can be done.

Sounds like your very angry

because you did not pay attention when you signed up with transunion.   All the Credit bureaus charge for their services. they are in business, they need to earn income. 

I have used Credit Karma for the last 3 or 4  years for free and I have never had to pay anyone for access to it. I've never been asked to give a credit card number or sign up with another site in order to gain access.   I do pay for Experian because i can not access that info for free anywhere else that I know of. 

Seems to me that you misunderstood what was being asked of you. 

BTW, how is it that they were able to charge you 5 months in a row with out you noticing? Don't you check your credit card statement? 

CK is the educational service provide free of charge by Transunion.