Private Student Loan Discharge and Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
Back in June of 2015 I filed bankruptcy and was discharged in August 2015. On my credit during the time of the bankruptcy petition I noticed that my student loans were completely removed from my credit report and was told this was due to the bankruptcy law. Well after the case was discharged all of my student loans came back onto my credit, however the Private Loan (the one that accounts for 40% of my student loan debt) had a statues different from the federal loans, that stated it was closed and discharged in Chapter 7 bankruptcy. It also shows a zero balance and in the notes reads, "Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: Bankruptcy Petition." I also checked my student loans through my online portal and it showed that I needed to pay $16,137 as my first payment since the bankruptcy since I had missed so many payments before, which is half of the loan! Will I be responsible for repaying those amounts or did the bankruptcy take care of this debt? I also got a message upon logging into my account that they were aware of the bankruptcy filing and whether or not the loan would be discharged, the system may not be reporting accurate information. I am completely stumped and could not find a similar situation to my circumstance ANYWHERE! If you are knowledgable about this subject please chime in! I do want to reiterate that since my discharge and it being reported to all of my creditors that all of my federal loans are updated and says open, the only one that is not displaying an active account is the Private student loan, which currently shows a $0 balance and Chapter 7 discharge note, after being taken off my report during the bankruptcy and being put back on in its current status. Also before the filing this particular account was showing a high balance and delinquent status... hope this gives you a good understanding of my situation.

The private loan was Discharged

Federal loans are not eligiable for bankruptcy. So you DO still owe those loans.  

Contact the Loan Servicer and work out a payment plan. 

I am trying to figure mine out too!! Mine all say closed and "Chapter 7 bankruptcy". I am so confused.