Question

Srod2010

Previous apt. manager sent me to collections
We did a walk through right before leaving and all was good, but after I left- I got a letter in the mail stating I owed them money. They kept $600 of my deposit, which some went toward breaking my lease- and I am fine with that. But then, they added that they also had to replace the kitchen sink for damages. That was not noted in the document of the walk through and they have not provided an invoice for this. All while this happen back in 12/12. Am I able to fight this and have it removed from my credit report?

Yes, you are always able to fight incorrect info on your credit report.  You can contact all three bureaus and file a dispute either online, by phone or mail.  If you have a copy of the walk-through paperwork, let them know and you can provide that as backup.  Also tell them the apt refused to provide an invoice for these mystery charges.  You can also dispute directly with the creditor/collector.  I would do that in writing.  This probably won't be easy, but keep at it.  If your apt is like most of them, they've already changed managers and the current person doesn't know anything about it.  They may just delete it if they can't prove their case, so just be persistent.  Nice, but tough.  Best of luck!!